1. Terms & Conditions: Use of the babyktan.co.uk website ("the site") and the sale and purchase of products from this site are governed by the terms and conditions set out below. We may vary these terms and conditions from time to time, and without notice, and therefore we urge you to read them before making a purchase.
2. Sale & Purchase: You can place an order for products from the site by completing the required form and clicking the submit button. The contract in respect to products supplied by us to you comes into effect when your order has been accepted (see 3. Acceptance of order), at which point a binding agreement between 2012 Ltd ("the seller") and yourself ("the buyer") will be in place based on these terms & conditions.
3. Acceptance of order: We are under no obligation to accept your order, but under normal conditions will do so where the product is available, the order reflects current pricing, and the form of payment (credit card/ debit card) has been approved by your credit card/ debit card company. For the avoidance of doubt, receipt of an order via the site does not constitute acceptance of an order. If we do not accept your order, for any reason, or the price has changed between the time of your order and our acceptance (or if an additional charge applies), we will notify you by email or where not available, by telephone. In this instance, you will have to resubmit your order. In the case that for any reason products are not available, after we have accepted your order, we will notify you and not charge you for the products and/or refund any amounts already paid (if any) by way of credit to your credit / debit card account.
4.1 Prices quoted are in pounds sterling for all orders placed within the United Kingdom, and are inclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated. For orders outside the UK please contact us prior to ordering.
4.2 All prices are exclusive of packaging and delivery, unless otherwise stated for mainland UK.
4.3 Prices are correct at the time of order and are subject to availability. As mentioned above, if the price has changed between the time of your order and our acceptance (or if an additional charge applies), we will notify you by email or where not available, by telephone. In this instance, you will have to resubmit your order or will have the right to cancel your order.
5. Payment: Payment must be made in the currency stated (GBP) only by major credit or debit cards such as: Visa, Master Card, Solo. We take reasonable care to ensure that your transactions are processed via a secure link. As we are not responsible for the operation of the secure link we will not, unless we are negligent, be liable for any loss you may incur if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any information you supply via such link.
6. Shipping & Handling:
6.1 For mainland UK Deliveries:
Please note that the shipping and handling fee of charges pertain to this web site only and only items purchased via this web site.
Any date or period of delivery mentioned on the site or on advertising material is indicative only. If the item is in stock it will be dispatched the next day on a postal service for small items and via courier service for larger items. If the item is not in stock we will make every effort to deliver products within 7 working days of acceptance of your order. In extreme circumstances where we are awaiting shipment we will notify you and unless stated otherwise, ensure that your products are delivered to you within 28 working days.
6.2 For international Deliveries:
Please contact us for delivery times and postage rates for countries not listed on our web site.
6.3 We may, at our expense, deliver parts of your order separately.
6.4 All deliveries sent by courier must be signed for upon receipt. Deliveries will only be made to the address of the person who is the holder of the credit / debit card used to purchase the products, unless a prior arrangement has been made with us.
6.5 Ownership and risk shall pass on to the buyer, once the products have been signed for.
6.6 You MUST sign for all your parcels as UNCHECKED, as we will not be able to deal with your claim if they haven't been signed as UNCHECKED.
If you find your goods to be damaged in transit you must notify us within 48 hours. Failing to do so will result in us not being able to deal with your claim.
6.7 Please contact your local authorities for any import duties & taxes that may apply.
6.8 If we cannot deliver the products to you at the specified address, unless we are at fault, we will notify you and store the products until you instruct us to redeliver. In this instance you would have to authorise us to charge your credit / debit card for the re-delivery. If we do not hear from you within 28days, we will cancel the order and refund your payment to you, less any charges (delivery or administration) that we have incurred.
7. Right to Cancel and Return the goods:
7.1 After the products have been delivered to you, you have 14 days to examine the goods, which we consider reasonable time. You have the right to cancel your contract with us at any time during the first 14 days, commencing on the date after the delivery of the products. Any such cancellation must be in writing by post or email with your contact details and receipt/order number. If no such action is taken, we will consider the products as being as described or satisfactory quality and fit for their purpose, and will not accept any cancellation at a later date. Your statutory customer rights are not affected. Any goods returned to us must be unused, in their original packaging, in good condition and with all tags attached.
7.2 If your notification reaches us prior to the dispatch of the goods, we will be happy to cancel the order at no expense to you, unless we have incurred any type of directly related charges, for which you would then be liable.
7.3 We will refund any amounts we have collected in form of credit on your credit / debit card within 7 days, less the postage costs we have incurred for sending the parcel. HOWEVER, you must return the products to us in their original packaging, unused, with the receipt and at your own expense. Also, any free gifts received with the product must also be returned. We are not responsible for the goods until we have received and signed for them.
7.4 In circumstances where the rejection or cancellation is due to a defect or discrepancy in the order, within the 14 day period, you will not be liable for the return delivery charges, as mentioned in paragraph 7.3. If, when we receive the returned goods, we assess that the goods were defected or there was a discrepancy in the order, we will credit back to you the return delivery charge. In such circumstances you would need to provide us with the courier receipt.
8. Warranties: The products sold on the site comply with the statutory legal requirements and relevant safety standards of the United Kingdom. We cannot therefore guarantee that any product is compliant with legal or health & safety regulations which apply outside the United Kingdom. All products are guaranteed for 6 months. This does not apply for faults which are caused by accident, neglect, misuse or when the instructions of the product have not been followed.
For UK Orders: If the product proves to be faulty within the above mentioned time period we will arrange to have it sent back to the manufacturer for inspection. If the product has proven to have a manufacturer's defect it will be repaired or replaced free of charge and all shipping cost (to and from us & to and from the manufacturer) will be covered by us and/or the manufacturer. However, in the case that the fault is found not to be a manufacturer's defect but rather due to an accident, neglect, misuse or when the instructions of the product have not been followed, then the warranty is void and the customer will be liable for all costs relating to shipping, repair & parts. If the product does not need to be sent back to the manufacturer for repair but rather just a spare part sent out, within the above mentioned time frame we will do so free of charge (for manufacturer's defects); whereas if the warranty has expired all directly related costs will be incurred by the customer.
For International Orders: The above mentioned warranty is only valid for within mainland United Kingdom. In the circumstance that a product sold to a country outside mainland UK proves to be faulty, within the above mentioned time frame, it will be up to the customer to arrange to send it back to us at their own expense and also for the cost to us sending it back once repaired. If the product has proven to be a manufacturer's defect it will be repaired or replaced free of charge and all shipping cost to and from the manufacturer will be covered by us and/or the manufacturer. In the case that the fault is found not to be a manufacturer's defect but rather due to an accident, neglect, misuse or when the instructions of the product have not been followed, then the warranty is void and the customer will be liable for all costs relating to shipping, repair & parts. If the product does not need to be sent back to the manufacturer for repair but rather just a spare part sent out, within the above mentioned time frame, we will not charge for the part (for manufacturer's defects) but the customer will be liable for the International shipping cost; whereas if the fault is not due to manufacturer's defect the customer will be liable for the cost of the parts & the shipping. If the warranty has expired all directly related costs will be incurred by the customer.
Contact Details: All communication will be conducted via the contact details you have provided to us. It is important that you keep us up-to-date of any changes. We will not be responsible for failure to perform under this agreement.
Descriptions: To the best of our knowledge, the products and descriptions on the website are accurate and up-to-date. The images on our site are to assist you in your selection, however slight variation (i.e. colour) should be expected. All measurements and weights are approximate.
Liability: As we do not manufacture any of the products sold on the website, we will not, under ANY circumstances, be held responsible for any accidents, injuries, deaths, etc caused by the usage of the products bought via our site.
12.1 These Terms & Conditions may be revised at any time and without notice, and therefore we urge you to read them before making a purchase.
12.2 These Terms & Conditions will not affect your statutory right relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. For more information contact your local Trading Standards Department or Citizen's Advice Bureau.
12.3 We will not be held responsible for any breach of contract, for delay or failure to perform if this is due to acts of God, riots, floods, fire, civil commotion, terrorism, legislation, or any other cause beyond our control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
12.4 If we do not choose to enforce a right under our agreement, we will still be able to enforce other rights or even the same right on a later occasion.
Governing Law: Your use of the site and any purchases made via the site will be governed by English Law.
Privacy Statement: We value and respect the privacy of our customers and will therefore treat your information with the strictest confidentiality. We do not disclose information to third parties.
Reaching Us: If you have anything you would like to discuss please contact us via the form on this website.